Apr 8, 2010

Cartoon All Stars to the Rescue (Quickie)





I know I promised you guys that I would get my Spirited Away review up, and I will...just not yet. I had it nearly finished, but then one weird backspace later and I wound up losing all of it. So I decided to search for an alternative to post while I get everything back up. And trust me, this one is a doozy.




Today's selection is a thirty minute long anti-drug propaganda video starring a number of popular cartoon characters from the late eighties and before, including Garfield, The Muppet Babies, Alvin and the Chimpunks, Bugs Bunny, Winnie the Pooh, and (inexplicably) ALF. The cartoons try to convince a drug-using teenager that his decision to use drugs is ruining his relationship with his younger sister and his life as a whole. Strangely enough, George C. Scott portrays "Smoke," the one who argues for the boy to continue doing drugs. Let me get this straight. I'm doing a review of an animated film where my cartoon heroes are telling me not to do drugs as I smoke up on this blunt I just rolled...this is why I started this blog.


Normally I would talk about the animation and what not, but I mean, that's not what you're going to notice. No, you're barely going to be able to get past the concept of this PSA. There's a scene where Simon the Chipmunk is explaining what marijuanna is, and it pretty much captures the full feel of this entire thing.

Of course they exaggerate the true effect pot has on your body. They imply it'll lead you on to other drugs (crack is the example they use) and that you'll never quit it on your own. But, they also say that you'll turn green and lose your teeth, so you can imagine how much research they've done.

Bottom line, if you or some friends are stoned and bored and looking for some quick entertainment, check it out. You can find the full thing here

No comments:

Post a Comment