Feb 5, 2010

Twilight (Quickie)


Ok, I promise not all of my live-action movies are going to be quickies. Last time, the movie was a bust; in this case however, the movie was actually fun to watch high. To be honest, I was actually so high that I can barely remember what happened. I can only read a handful of my notes (and believe me, I would upload a picture of them if I could), so I only have a small amount of things to absolutely say about it.

First things first. The cinematography of this movie played with my mind. The scene seems glossy, and everything within it appeared to be melting into itself. I began to wonder if Forks, Washington really looked like that. The movie's minimal lighting sets a morbid atmosphere.

Speaking of fear, the Cullens came off as a lot more frightening this time. I'm not sure if it was the make-up or what, but I was literally afraid every time the vampires popped into the scene. And as if to drive their point home, the director filmed a lot of close-ups. Every so often, Edward's giant face would fill up the screen and I even screamed at one point.

I didn't pay attention to the music until the baseball scene, when "Supermassive Black Hole" played in the background. This gave me a jolt, as I was suddenly really into the music.

Final summary: For the optimal experience, hot box a Honda Civic and watch this scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment