Jun 22, 2010

Jumanji









Jumanji was a major part of my childhood. My grandmother bought it for me and my brothers, and when we visited her every Sunday for dinner we ended up watching either it or Matilda. I have probably seen this movie more than the majority of my internet audience or, for that matter, the rest of the world. I'm certainly attached to it to say the least, so I was a little hesitant to GreenScreen it. My friend April put it on at a little party she was throwing though and we discovered we had a mutual attachment to the film and decided to go through with it.


It's not really anything special. It's a comedy, you're going to laugh at certain parts, other parts you won't. It's a fun family film, but it won't have you cracking up the entire time. I'll go into more detail in the HighPoints, but I figure it's necessary for me to bring this up.


Robin Williams was by far the best part of this experience. I've never really found him funny until now. Part of it is his timing, and part of it is his facial expressions. The scene where he tricks Sarah into dropping the dice and then snickering is probably my favorite part. I hate to say it, but maybe, just maybe, you have to be high to enjoy Robin Williams...IDK.
HIGHPOINTS
"What do you mean the game thinks?" (I got really philosophical to this...to the point I started freaking out)
When Robin Williams opens up the closet door and the kids scream at him and he screams back, I laughed my ass off.
When the monkey comes out of the refridgerator, I was convinced he said "Fuck you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment